Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Photo of the Day 9/26/07


James Carter - New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival 4/27/07

So excited about the Fat's Domino Tribute CD release party at Tipitina's on Saturday. The double cd hit the stores yesterday and if you don't have it yet, what are you waiting for? 30 tracks by some of the finest musicians ever assembled. I had the privilege of sitting in on a few of the sessions including Irma Thomas and Marcia Ball recording "I Just Can't Get New Orleans Off My Mind". Here's a peak at the session as well as the full track listing;


Irma Thomas - The Shed, New Orleans 5/2/07


Irma Thomas & Marcia Ball - The Shed, New Orleans 5/2/07

Goin' Home: A Tribute To Fats Domino (2007 Vanguard Records)
Disc 1:

John Lennon: Ain't That A Shame
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers: I'm Walkin'
B.B. King with Ivan Neville's Dumpstaphunk: Goin' Home
Elton John: Blueberry Hill
Taj Mahal & The New Orleans Social Club: My Girl Josephine
Dirty Dozen Brass Band with Joss Stone and Buddy Guy: Every Night About This Time
Paul McCartney featuring Allen Toussaint: I Want To Walk You Home
Lenny Kravitz with Rebirth Brass Band, Troy "Trombone Shorty" Andrews, Fred Wesley, Pee Wee Ellis and Maceo Parker: Whole Lotta Loving
Dr. John: Don't Leave Me This Way
Bonnie Raitt & Jon Cleary: I'm In Love Again/All By Myself
Art Neville: Please Don't Leave Me
Robbie Robertson with Galactic: Going To The River
Randy Newman: Blue Monday
Robert Plant with Lil' Band O' Gold: It Keeps Rainin'
Corinne Bailey Rae: One Night (Of Sin)

Disc 2:

Neil Young: Walking To New Orleans
Robert Plant with The Soweto Gospel Choir: Valley Of Tears
Norah Jones: My Blue Heaven
Lucinda Williams: Honey Chile
Marc Broussard featuring Sam Bush: Rising Sun
Olu Dara & The Natchezippi Band with Donald Harrison Jr.: When I See You
Ben Harper with the Skatalites: Be My Guest
Toots & The Maytals: Let The Four Winds Blow
Willie Nelson: I Hear You Knockin'
Irma Thomas and Marcia Ball: I Just Can't Get New Orleans Off My Mind
Bruce Hornsby: Don't Blame It On Me
Herbie Hancock with George Porter Jr., Zigaboo Modeliste and Renard Poche: I'm Gonna Be A Wheel Someday
Los Lobos: The Fat Man
Big Chief Monk Boudreaux with Galactic: So Long
Preservation Hall Jazz Band with Walter "Wolfman" Washington & Theresa Andersson: When The Saints Go Marching In

No comments: